"A Capitol Fourth" 2015 Concert Information
The annual "A Capitol Fourth" concert will take place on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on Saturday, July 4, 2015.
The concert begins at 8:00 p.m., is free and open to Members, their guests, staff and the general public. As is consistent with all major events, U.S. Capitol Police will have additional security measures in place.
For complete concert details, visit: pbs.org/capitolfourth.
Concert Entrances and Access
Public Entrances to the West Front of the U.S. Capitol
There will be four public entrances/security screening gates to the "A Capitol Fourth" concert. All entrances listed below open at 3:00 p.m. and are wheelchair accessible.
- First Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Third Street, NW and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- First Street, SW and Independence Avenue, SW
- Third Street, SW and Maryland Avenue, SW
Staff Access to the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, the West Steps and the Lower West Terrace
Staff with a valid Congressional ID – and any guests who are accompanying them – may enter the West Front of the U.S. Capitol through two dedicated entrances on Saturday, July 4, 2015. Both entry points open at 3:00 p.m., and U.S. Capitol Police will be stationed at each point for security screening:
- Southwest Drive of the Capitol
- Northwest Drive of the Capitol
Please note that the West Steps of the Capitol and the Lower West Terrace will be reserved for Congressional staff and their guests on the evening of July 4, 2015. Seating on the West Steps and Lower West Terrace will be on a first-come and space available basis, and staff must present a valid Congressional ID for access to this area.
Mobility impaired guests and their party will be accommodated at any public entrance. Limited parking on a first come, first serve basis will be available to mobility impaired guests and their party along the south curb of Constitution Avenue between First Street & Third Street, NW. Mobility carts will begin service from this parking area to the entrance nearest First Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW at 2:30 p.m.
Prohibited Items and Security Measures
To ensure the safety and security of those attending the concert on the West Front, all attendees must adhere to security screening procedures before entering the event site. This will include an administrative search of all bags, coolers, backpacks, and closed containers. For this event, food items are permitted and you are encouraged to bring your own supply of water.
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (other than service animals)
- Electric stun guns
- Explosives of any kind, including fireworks
- Firearms and ammunition (either real or simulated)
- Glass bottles
- Knives, blades or sharp objects of any length
- Laser pointers, signs, posters
- Mace, pepper spray, sticks, poles
- Martial arts weapons or devices
- Oversize umbrellas (with a radius greater than 36" when open)
- Pocket or hand tools
- Sealed packages, large boxes, duffel bags, suitcases
Temporary street closures begin on Thursday, July 2, at midnight and continue through Sunday, July 5, at approximately 4:00 a.m.:
- First Street between Independence Avenue, SW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between First Street, NW and Third Street, NW
- Maryland Avenue between First Street, SW and Third Street, SW
Vehicular traffic on First Street between Garfield Circle and Peace Circle will be periodically restricted due to breakdown of the concert stage through Wednesday, July 8, 2015.