The AOC East House Underground Garage received a LEED for New Construction certification at the Gold level on January 19, 2012. The project was recognized for:
- Construction activity pollution prevention, controlling dust and debris from contamination of the air and sewer run-off systems.
- Providing new water efficient plumbing fixtures that increased water savings by more than 50 percent.
- Optimizing energy performance and provided high performance mechanical systems that reduced energy consumption by more than 24% above ASHRAE.
- Diverting over 99% of the 8,500,000 pounds of construction debris from landfills, utilized 8,700,000 pounds of new materials with more than 18% recycled content including 28,000 pounds of new reinforcing steel and 2,500 cubic yards of new concrete, and more than 50% of new materials obtained from regional sources.
- Excelling in indoor environmental quality by maintaining a non-smoking facility, utilizing new mechanical systems with increased ventilation and incorporating new materials and finishes with low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) content.
- Installing efficient LED lights with significantly longer life and with no mercury content and establishing a green cleaning program.