The purpose of the AOC's OIG Hotline is to receive complaints of fraud, waste, or abuse in AOC programs and operations including mismanagement or violations of law, rules or regulations by AOC employees, contractors or program participants.
Examples of FW&A violations include:
- Contract fraud, including contract mischarging by the contractor
- Kick-backs and bid rotation by competing contractors
- Contractors failing to pay full wages to employees
- Bribery and acceptance of gratuities by government employees
- Significant mismanagement and waste of funds
- Conflicts of interest
- Travel fraud
- Gross abuse of employee time and attendance reporting
- Abuse of authority
- Theft or abuse of government property, including private (unofficial) use of government computers
- Computer crime
Minor incidents, such as, irregular time and attendance abuse, or one-time misuse of government property should be reported to management. Personnel matters involving requests for individual relief should be handled through the appropriate grievance process with AOC management.
Confidentiality & Anonymity
The IG Act and other pertinent laws protect persons making Hotline complaints.
- Complaints Made by AOC Government Employees
In accordance with section 7 (b) of the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended, the OIG shall not, after receipt of a complaint or information from an AOC employee, disclose the identity of the employee without the consent of the employee unless the Inspector General determines such disclosure is unavoidable during the course of an investigation. Any identifying information is confidential source material, and OIG employees must not disclose such information except to other OIG employees who have a need to know in connection with their official duties.
- Complaints Made by Other Persons
Complainants who are not AOC government employees do not have an automatic right to confidentiality under section 7(b) of the Inspector General Act of 1978. However, non-AOC employees may specifically request confidentiality, and the OIG will protect the confidentiality of such complainants to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Contact the Hotline
Report an allegation of fraud, waste or abuse at the Architect of the Capitol, through one of the methods (form, phone or email) below.
- Hotline Report Form — Confidential Report
Name and contact information will be protected as confidential. This allows the IG to ask a follow-up question to clarify a concern or seek additional information. If you choose not to leave your name or contact information on the form, leave those fields blank. However, the OIG will be unable to provide you with any updates on your concerns.
- Confidential Hotline Call Center — 877.489.8583 (Toll Free)
Using this method you have the option to remain anonymous.
- Hotline Email — email@example.com