Day and night – rain or shine – Architect of the Capitol (AOC) employees are working across the U.S. Capitol campus to maintain these treasured buildings and grounds. This strong work ethic reflects the cultural transformation happening across our agency during even the toughest times.
The AOC's fiscal year (FY) 2023 budget request seeks support for critical measures to ensure the safety of everyone who works and visits here. In his written testimony, Blanton stressed security and infrastructure improvements as top priorities, "Across the agency, our team of exceptional professionals is working tirelessly to upgrade our capabilities and facilities. To achieve our mission, we need adequate resources to meet the technological, space, sustainability and accessibility needs of a 21st-century workforce."
FY 2023 budget request highlights include:
- Prioritizing Physical Security Projects
- Tackling Aging Infrastructure with Technological Approaches
- Supporting Safety Standards and Solutions
- Senate Priorities and Programs
- Sustaining our Commitment to Future Generations
- Pandemic Procurement and Preparedness