Who We Are
Capitol Superintendent's Office
The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) Capitol Building Superintendent's Office is responsible for the day-to-day structural, mechanical and domestic care of the Capitol Building and the Capitol Visitor Center.
The Capitol Building Superintendent's office is comprised of a number of shops that include carpentry, electrical, elevator, labor, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, masonry, painting and decorating, plumbing, and sheet metal division, and flag office.
These skilled tradespersons and laborers work behind the scenes providing services that include: ensuring a safe and comfortable indoor environment; preserving historic structures; flying flags over the Capitol; and special events set-up.
Services available through the Capitol Service Center:
- Furniture and cabinet installation
- Leveling of document displays
- Keys and lock-out service
- Heating and air conditioning
- Cleaning and trash removal
- Plumbing and electrical
- Special events set-up
- Office and decorative painting
- Pest Control
Contact the Capitol Service Center at 202.228.8800 or submit an Online Service Request (must be connected to Capitol Hill network to access link).
6 a.m. – 11 p.m.*
(*Will remain open if Congress is in session.)
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
AOC Capitol Project Updates
- Capitol Exterior Preservation – Stone and Metal
- Capitol Smoke Control
- Dome Restoration
- Olmsted Terrace Stone Preservation
- Rotunda Interior Restoration