The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is hosting a Small Business Day on May 1, 2018, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center in the Congressional Meeting Room – South.
This event is for small business concerns and is designed to provide information about doing business with the AOC. The AOC is responsible for the maintenance, operation, development and preservation of 18.4 million square feet of buildings and more than 570 acres of land throughout the U.S. Capitol complex in Washington, D.C.
The AOC is seeking small business concerns that provide products or services that are necessary to maintain and repair the buildings, building structures and grounds of the U.S. Capitol complex; conserve and repair historical objects and artwork; and support the overall functions of the AOC as a legislative branch agency. The NAICS subsectors for the products and services include, but are not limited to:
- 238, Specialty Trade Contractors
- 315, Apparel Manufacturing
- 321, Wood Product Manufacturing
- 325, Chemical Manufacturing
- 326, Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing
- 327, Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- 331, Primary Metal Manufacturing
- 332, Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
- 333, Machinery Manufacturing
- 334, Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- 335, Electrical Equipment, Appliance, and Component Manufacturing
- 423, Merchant Wholesalers, Durable Goods
- 443, Electronics and Appliance Stores
- 444, Building Material and Garden Equipment and Supplies Dealers
Small Business Day is free and open to any small business owner and large businesses who are interested in subcontracting opportunities with small businesses; however, advance reservation is required. Please email [email protected] if you would like to attend.