The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) strives to perform all work at a high level of excellence and has been recognized for its efforts through many awards.
Fiscal Year (FY) 2016
Capitol Dome Restoration, D.C. Society of Professional Engineers' Project of the Year.
- Two District of Columbia Society of Professional Engineers' (DCSPE) Awards:
- The Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) National Capital Region Chapter’s Project of the Year award in the "Building Less than $25M" category for the Hart Senate Office Building Skylight and Roof Replacement project
- Two Washington Building Congress awards for for the Thomas Jefferson Building Sprinkler System, West Main Pavilion, First Floor project:
- 2016 Craftsmanship Award
- 2016 Star Award for Visual Excellence
U.S. Capitol Rotunda App Home Screen
- Adobe's Most Engaging Citizen-Facing Campaign in the Public Service category for the U.S. Capitol Rotunda App
- Two Association of Government Accountants' (AGA's) Awards
- Certificate of Excellence in Accountability Reporting (CEAR) for AOC's FY 2014 Performance and Accountability Report (PAR)
- Best in Class Award for the Best Use of Hyperlinks, Drilldowns, and Opportunities for Interaction in AOC's FY 2014 PAR
- The CMAA National Capital Chapter's 2015 Project Achievement Award in the "Best Project Under $10 Million" category for the Capitol Power Plant Feedwater Pump Upgrade project
- League of American Cyclists' Bicycle Friendly Business designation
- Trip Advisor's Bravo Badge for the Capitol Visitor Center
- Virginia Water Environment Association's Gold Environmental Excellence Award for Industrial Waste and Pretreatment for the Library Buildings and Grounds' Packard Campus
Children enjoying Exibition Hall at the Capitol Visitor Center.
- The AGA's Certificate of Excellence in Accountability Reporting (CEAR) in recognition of AOC's FY 2013 PAR
- An Association of Energy Engineers Corporate Energy Management Region II Award "For Accomplishments on Developing, Organizing, Managing and Implementing an Outstanding Corporate Energy Management Program"
- Three 2013 CMAA Project Achievement Awards:
- Infrastructure Project with Constructed Value Less Than $50 Million (Interior Rehabilitation of the East and West House Underground Garages)
- Program Management/Program Phase—Buildings (U.S. Capitol Dome Skirt Restoration)
- Program Management/Program Phase—Infrastructure (U.S. Capitol Power Plant, Tunnel Rehabilitation Program)
- Completion of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification of the U.S. Capitol Police K-9 facility in May 2014, achieving a status of LEED Gold.
- A 2014 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, the top online travel and tourism review site, recognizing that the Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) "has consistently earned outstanding feedback from TripAdvisor travelers." The CVC ranked among the top 30 of nearly 300 similar facilities or museum institutions.
- As a partner to John C. Grimberg, Co., Inc., AOC received an Association of General Contractors' Washington Contractor Award for the Capitol Power Plant Improvement Project.
Dome Skirt Restoration Brickwork
- The AGA's Certificate of Excellence in Accountability Reporting (CEAR) in recognition of the FY 2012 PAR
- The Association of Energy Engineers Region II Corporate Energy Management Award in recognition of AOC's energy management program
- The Washington Building Congress 2013 Craftsmanship Award for U.S. Capitol's Construction Division Emergency Lighting and Electrical Services Upgrade
- The Engineering News-Record Mid-Atlantic Renovation/Restoration Award of Merit for the U.S. Capitol Dome Skirt Restoration
Virtual Capitol Website
- The AGA's Certificate of Excellence in Accountability Reporting (CEAR) in recognition of AOC's 2011 PAR
- The East House Underground Garage received a LEED for New Construction certification at the Gold level
- The General Services Administration 2012 Achievement Award for Real Property Innovation Program, Sustainability Category, in recognition of AOC's East House Underground Garage Interior Rehabilitation Project
- The Building Operating Management magazine's FMXcellence Award for customer service excellence in recognition of AOC's Office of Security Programs
- The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences Webby Award for Best Government Website in recognition of the Virtual Capitol Website
- The AGA's Certificate of Excellence in Accountability Reporting (CEAR) in recognition of AOC's 2010 PAR
- 2011 Building Operating Management magazine's FMXcellence Award for Customer Service Excellence
Curator Barbara Wolanin and Architect of the Capitol Stephen Ayers accepting the preservation award.
- The American Institute for Conservation and Heritage Preservation's 2010 Award for Outstanding Commitment to the Preservation and Care of Collections
- The Combined Federal Campaign's 2009 Summit Award
The United States Botanic Garden Conservatory
- The United States Botanic Garden achieved accreditation from the American Association of Museums, the highest national recognition for a museum.
- 2008 AIA Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter Special Citation Design Award
- 2008 Washington Building Congress Craftsmanship Awards
- 2008 Great American Gardeners Award
- 2008 American Public Gardens Association Professional Citation