- Flower to Seed, Seed to Flower (PDF, grades K-2) — Explore the life cycle of a flowering plant by examining how and why plants make seeds.
- Flower to Seed, Seed to Flower (PDF, grades 3-5)
Activity Guides and Worksheets
Explore the art and history of the U.S. Capitol with these student guides.
- Discover the U.S. Capitol (PDF) – Activities include drawing a column capital, determining the timeline of American history, matching people (statues) to their notable facts, color coding states, studying American inventors, a word find puzzle and more.
- Design a Statue (PDF) – Each state gets two statues in the U.S. Capitol. Which notable person would you choose?
- A Capitol Adventure (PDF, K-2) – When using this guide at home, explore some of the rooms instead on this website, navigate the Capitol maze and color the American flag.
- Capitol Lyrics: "America the Beautiful" (Blog Story)
- Color Our Collections — Inspired by the plant collections and gardens of the United States Botanic Garden.
- Coloring Page - U.S. Capitol (PDF)
- Coloring Page - Who Am I? (PDF)
- Crossword Puzzle - U.S. Capitol (PDF)
- Hide and Seek - U.S. Capitol (PDF)
- Hide and Seek - U.S. Capitol West Front Fountain (PDF)
- Hide and Seek - Summerhouse (PDF)
- Hide and Seek - Grant Memorial (PDF)
- Maze - Capitol Campus (PDF)
- Maze - Statue of Freedom (PDF)
- Word Scramble - AOC Areas of Expertise (PDF)
- Word Search - U.S. Botanic Garden (PDF)