Below is the latest information on current work underway to renew the Cannon House Office Building during the Cannon Renewal Project.
Phase 1 Offices Open, Phase 2 Begins
The New Jersey side of the Cannon Building, which includes the rotunda, is now open to the public. Additionally, people can now access the Longworth Building through both the north and south tunnels.
Phase 2 of the Cannon Renewal Project has begun on the north side of the building. For your safety, please adhere to all construction signage.
NE Entrance Now Closed
With the end of Phase 1 and the start of Phase 2, there are changes to entrances of the building. See below for entrance status and hours.
- Northeast entrance (Independence and First Street) closed
- Rotunda entrance open
- Monday-Friday, in-session hours: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., or 30 minutes after the end of special orders
- Monday-Friday, recess hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- New Jersey Avenue accessible entrance open
- Monday-Friday hours: 7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m., or 30 minutes after the end of special orders
Parking Lot 1 Closure
A portion of Lot 1 immediately south of the Cannon Building will be closed for the duration of the project. The Lot 1 site will house the contractor's construction offices and equipment.